Obtaining a work visa in Hong Kong is a relatively straightforward process if you know the requirements and have the correct paperwork prepared in advance. But if you don't, our team has the skillset to process your visa, be it an Employment, Investment or Training Visa in a professional and timely manner. ProWorks Group has Encore team on the ground in both Hong Kong and Singapore to help you navigate the application process seamlessly.

  • Do you currently trade in Hong Kong or Singapore?
  • Do you plan to expand your business to Hong Kong or Singapore?
  • Do you need Hong Kong or Singapore Work visas for your staff?
  • Do you need the applications to be processed correctly and delivered on time?
  • Do you want the services of a professional visa provider with a 100% record of success?
  • Do you want a company that can offer a one stop solution to all of your visa services?
  • Do you need a company that can help you with the Formation of a Hong Kong Company?

Our Encore team are experts in the field of Hong Kong and Singapore visa processing with a 100% success rate for applications.  We can help you navigate the application process for a variety of visas including:

  • Employment visas
  • Investment visas
  • Training visas
  • Dependent visas

For more information, email us via Contact us page on the right.

Hong Kong Visa Types

Employment Visa:

Any non-Hong Kong or Singaporean national wishing to take up employment in Hong Kong or Singapore must apply for an employment or work visa. For Hong Kong, the visa will only be granted to those who have an offer of employment from a Hong Kong registered company. This category of employment visa may be better suited for more senior roles at a managerial or supervisory level, and for those in more junior roles or hoping to open a Hong Kong company and based in Hong Kong, then one of the other visas that we also help clients process may be a better option.

Already in Hong Kong and Need a Work or Employment Visa?

You should have a confirmed offer of employment and a work visa in place before you move to Hong Kong, although we understand this may not always be practical. A number of people will arrive in Hong Kong with the intention of searching for work and attending interviews. If you are already in Hong Kong, have an offer for work but needs a work visa then contact us as soon as possible and we will guide you through the process of obtaining your Work Visa.  

Basic requirements:

  • Applicants must have already been offered the position of employment in Hong Kong
  • Applicants must be able to demonstrate why the role could not be filled by a Hong Kong resident
  • Applicants should have a strong educational background and relevant work experience
  • The financial and background of the sponsor company is also assessed to ensure they are a reliable and stable business


Investment Visa:

An investment visa is required for foreign investors wishing to start their own business in Hong Kong. If you have a Hong Kong company or plan to set up a Hong Kong company then the investment visa will be the best option for you. The process is more detailed than other applications and it is strongly advised that you consult with one of our consultants to apply for this type of visa. Our Hong Kong team can assist you with every aspect of setting up a business including visas, company formations, setting up your corporate bank accounts and company secretarial services.

For more information, email us via Contact us page on the right.

Basic requirements:

  • The applicant must have their business registration in Hong Kong
  • The applicant must have a strong business case and plan for their endeavor
  • The business must be able to contribute to the Hong Kong economy
  • The applicant might need to be able to explain why they need to be located in Hong Kong to run the business


Training Visa:

Hong Kong has some of the best financial brains in the world working within its boundaries and many people spend time in Hong Kong to develop their career by taking advantage of this knowledge and expertise. Those who wish to follow this path can apply for a training visa. A Hong Kong training visa is required for foreigners wishing to train in a reputable Hong Kong company so technically speaking, you should have a training visa and a confirmed offer of employment in place before moving to Hong Kong or Singapore. But if you have already secured an offer of employment/training but haven't obtained a visa, then we can assist you in getting the required visa.

Basic requirements:

  • The training program must cover specific skills or knowledge that is not available in the applicant's home country
  • The sponsor company must provide a training contract and the proposed duration and content being covered
  • The sponsor company must also provide proof in writing that they are maintaining and repatriating the trainee
  • The maximum period for a training visa is 12 months, once training is completed the trainee must return to their country of residence


Dependent Visa:

A dependent visa is designed one's spouse and/or immediate family members, including unmarried children under the age of 18. Occasionally, in special circumstances non-Hong Kong nationals or foreigners with a valid Hong Kong Visa or permanent residents of Hong Kong may apply for a visa for their parents to come and live in Hong Kong. The principal visa holder must sponsor each family member and a separate application for each dependent will be required.

Transfer or Extend Visa:

It is possible in some circumstances to extend and transfer a Hong Kong visa to another employer under Hong Kong immigration regulations. The process depends on the type of visa, action required and the current situation of the applicant.

Capital Investment Entrant Scheme:

The Capital Investment Entrant Scheme in Hong Kong was introduced by the Hong Kong Government in 2003 to encourage capital investment into Hong Kong. The requirements are primarily monetary and require investments of not less than HKD $10 Million permissible investment asset classes in addition to demonstrating self-sufficiency to maintain living in Hong Kong.

Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals:

The admission scheme was initially introduced to encourage qualified professionals from mainland China to relocate to Hong Kong to assist with meeting and developing talent and manpower needs on the island. Similarly to the working visa the applicant must be sponsored by a company and also have relevant academic qualifications in a special field of study which is not easily substitutable by a local candidate.

For more information, email us via Contact us page on the right.

ProWorks Group will:

  • Consult with you on what documents are required for your application
  • Prepare a specially prepared check-list for you and your employer to prepare for the application
  • Complete the necessary forms for you
  • Review and organize your documents to allow prompt processing by the immigration department
  • Submit your application saving you over half a day of waiting at the immigration department
  • Reply on your behalf to all enquiries from immigration and prepare and draft all letters required for submission
  • Monitor and provide feedback on the application process